Leadership Development & Coaching
What is your firm doing about succession? DFK programs help develop the next generation of firm leaders.
DFK/USA provides leadership training to new partners and new managers — two critical career junctures — through our Leadership Development Conferences. These small seminars, with limited enrollment, are conducted in two parts, each a day and a half, in the fall and in the spring in a central location. A leading management coach to accounting firms instructs and facilitates the program.
Some of the objectives of the leadership development program are to:
- Advance attendees’ career and leadership skills
- Attract and retain the best people
- Create new business and improve the quality of client service
- Improve profits
- Strengthen the quality of professional and personal lives
Some of the topics addressed include:
- Accountability, responsibility and performance
- Becoming a trusted business advisor
- Client service strategy and managing expectations
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Current issues in public accounting
- Getting new clients and building a referral network
- Time management
- Work/life balance
In addition to our Leadership Development Conferences, DFK builds sessions devoted to leadership skill development into every major DFK conference.
In addition to our more formal programs intended to coach leadership skills, membership in DFK often results in informal coaching, whereby thoughts, ideas or problems can be bounced off a DFK colleague at another firm. Such informal coaching can be invaluable. This type of benefit of membership usually arises once partners have attended several DFK conferences and deepened their friendships and familiarity with one another.